“A good life isn’t a place at which you arrive, it is a lens through which you see and create your world” – from the Good Life Project “Living Creed”
On the latest edition of the More Human Podcast, my special guest is Jonathan Fields, a New York City dad, husband and lawyer turned award-winning author, media-producer and entrepreneur. He is one of those unique people on the planet that can be dynamic, thoughtful, challenging, zen, and mind-blowing all in one short conversation.
His last best-selling book, “Uncertainty: Turning Fear and Doubt Into Fuel For Brilliance” was named the top personal development book in 2011 by 800-CEO-READ.
Jonathan’s current focus, Good Life Project, is a global movement that inspires, educates, connects and supports mission-driven individuals in the quest to live better, more engaged, connected and aligned lives. As part of the project, he produces a top-rated podcast, a broadcast-quality web-series seen in more than 150 countries and educational programs for mission-driven leaders, entrepreneurs, and makers.
Join me as we hear Jonathan talk about his life, his passion for learning and discovery, and his wonderful insights on building great businesses through personal alignment with the “things that light us up inside”.
- Jonathan’s wake up call that pushed him from lawyer to entrepreneur
- Why the “paycheck option” isn’t necessarily the less risky one
- The concept of developing “extreme competence” and why it’s important
- Why success should NOT be your core driver
- The reasons building a powerful culture cannot be framed as an obligation
- Why entrepreneurs needs to align their business actions with their personal mindset & essence
- The idea of “building a culture of belonging” and the example of Tony Hsieh of Zappos
- Jonathan’s “buckets” of contribution, vitality and connection that drive him towards the Good Life
My continuing thanks to the folks at Pagatim in Portland for a great recording session at their studio, and for the upload services. (Here’s a link to the podcast if you can’t see or use the embed below)