It’s no big secret in my SOBCon circles (or any of my friend circles, for that matter) that I like to sing. In fact, I sang “You’ll Never Walk Alone” – in an opera voice, no less – during my recent keynote speech at our 2010 event in Chicago.
Given this predilection (I waited 652 posts to use that word), it’s probably no surprise that I am planning on belting out a tune at our upcoming SOBCon Colorado (on September 17 & 18). More specifically, I’m going to do it at our Friday night reception on the 17th.
And here’s where we spice this up a little bit – Liz and I want YOU to pick the song I sing .
Even better, we will be awarding a FREE – that’s right, FREE – trip to SOBCon Colorado to one of the “pickers”.
A free registration, a free hotel for two nights, and free air (up to $500).
Because we’re crazy (to answer this question ahead of time).
Here’s how this will work:
- First, we need song nominees. It has to be, in the eyes of the official judges, a pop or rock song that is sufficiently “anthem-like” to qualify for the “Starbucker treatment”. And, it has to be from the decades of the 70’s, 80’s, or 90’s. Plus, it has to be available in karaoke form.
- Nominations will be taken from today through July 29 – through a comment to this post, or through a Tweet with the hashtag “#sobconsong“
- All qualifying nominations will receive, for their trouble, a $50 discount coupon for a registration to SOBCon Colorado
- On (or around) July 30th, I will post the nominees on this blog, along with a link to an official ballot.
- All those who then vote on the winning song will be registered for a random drawing to select the winner of the FREE trip to SOBCon Colorado on August 16th
I look forward to adding to your entertainment value on September 17th. I hope. 🙂
Thanks in advance for your song suggestions!