Another version of SOBCon, that is.
Liz Strauss and I have been talking for over a year now about importing the SOBCon Chicago magic to another town, and it has now become a reality.
For on September 17 and 18, 2010, we will be presenting………
At the Renaissance Boulder Flatiron Hotel, Broomfield, Colorado
Once again, we’ll be using our “mastermind” format to analyze, improve, and energize your business, through 6 blocks of content. For this event, the program will be over a single day, preceded by an evening reception.
(And for those of you asking, “what does SOB stand for?”, it’s Successful Online Business)
Why should you attend SOBCon Colorado? Here are 7 great reasons:
- Superior Value - You will get 14 hours of fantastic learning opportunities, PLUS ample food and drink throughout the whole event. All that for about $21 an hour. The return for you will be far greater. I’ll let my friend and SOBCon alum Barry Moltz sum it up -“Forget about SXSW. If you want to learn and meet people in the social media world, this is the one place you have to be”
- Networking with a Purpose – We always provide for plenty of time for the attendees to interact; in fact, that’s really the “secret sauce” of SOBCon. What’s extraordinary about it is the purposefulness of these interactions. As Kneale Mann, 2010 Chicago attendee, put it, “SOBCon is about full participation. If you attend, you work. And magic happens. You make new friends and business associates. I had numerous discussions with people who were asking my advice right after I sought theirs and it was a soft place to land and share.”
- Immediately Actionable Feedback – And I mean immediate. The Mastermind format asks you to look inward, at YOUR business, right from the beginning. Then you talk about your business to the other people at your table, and the feedback starts, intertwined with the wisdom offered by the speakers at the podium. That process is then repeated 6 times. It’s a very potent mixture. By the end of the day you will have already taken steps in a different, and more productive, direction.
- The Incredible Power of Positivity – Sure, it’s great to put yourself in a room with 150 smart people who all share a passionate desire to be successful, but here’s where SOBCon ups the ante – everyone is willing to share, and encourage, and help, and smile - because our fervent belief in the Golden Rule, Half-Fullism, and the power of love & trust. Schmaltzy, you say? I’ll let SOBConer Amber Osborne (aka Miss Destructo) have the last word: “What I have found at SOBCon is real, honest and supportive people that I have only known previously behind a computer screen. Shockingly, what I found is more support in the last three days than the fake friends I had in my life for years”.
- An Awesome Location – We’ll be right near the foothills of the majestic Rocky Mountains, in fact, if you get the right rooms at the Renaissance Hotel you’ll have a great (and very inspiring) view of them. Denver and Boulder are short drives from Broomfield, with tons and tons of fun activities if you wanted to make a full weekend out of it. The Renaissance facility itself is top-notch, with a friendly staff, a comfortable meeting room, WiFi, and yes, only $96 per night rooms (comfy suites, no less!). And oh yes, there is Starbucks coffee in the lobby.
- The Mindblowing Experience of the “Do Tank” - I assure you, after attending SOBCon you will have an overwhelming desire to DO SOMETHING. Just like Jeanne Walters said after Chicago 2010: “If there’s one takeaway from SOBCon, it’s this: “Effing Launch It.” Don’t wait for perfection. Don’t expect everything to work the first time. Just get it done!”. I call this phenomenon the “Do Tank” – here’s the fuller description I wrote after our most recent Chicago event.
- It Will Change Your Life - Now I know, that’s a pretty lofty claim. But after hosting the Chicago event for 4 years with Liz, I can tell you that we have heard the “this has changed my life“ (or words to that effect) refrain more times than we can count. It’s such a gratifying thing to hear -and it hits you right in the heart. Because by creating this event, Liz & I have made a difference for a lot of people. And yes, oh yes, it has changed our lives too – in ways I couldn’t have even imagined 5 years ago.
If you’d like to see and hear Liz and I talk about SOBCon, how it began, and what it means, and get a very good outside point of view about why you should attend one of our events (and specifically, SOBCon Colorado), check out this video by Loren Feldman of 1938 Media:
Come to the Rockies in September! To register for SOBCon Colorado, go to our Eventbrite Site.
We are offering some early registration specials there, so hurry (the best one – $100 off – expires on July 3rd)
Then reserve one of those rooms at the Renaissance with a view of the mountains (for only $96 per night).
See you there.