As I sit down to write this post I have 5 questions swirling around in my head searching for an answer. Can you help me?
I’ve always thought of blogging as another form of conversation, so I’m looking for some dialogue on these 5 queries:
- Can a human being really take emotion out of any decision they make, especially financial decisions? This was pondered in a piece in this morning’s NY Times. I’m now thinking about all my financial decisions over the past 25 years, trying to determine if I ever could take emotion out of it. Mmmm……
- Can someone enjoy a vacation TOO much? This last week has been a little tougher than usual because, to use this analogy, I really, really “unplugged” from my work socket during my recent vacation, so when I plugged back in it was like 10,000 volts shooting through me. It took a week to get my equilibrium back.
- How can a lowly patent clerk with average grades in school unlock the secrets of the universe? Yep, that was Albert Einstein. I just read his biography and while the book tried to explain how he did it, I still am astounded. What was it he had that others didn’t?
- How long does it take before I can do yoga poses with the same ease and elegance of my teachers (and those folks on the DVDs)? Recall the attraction of yoga for me was the “poetry” of it. I’m not being poetic yet. Today’s lesson was particularly hard for me.
- Is Starbucks more punch line than hot brand these days? I was reading a book review in the NY Times today about a book called “How Starbucks Saved my Life“, and the reviewer came down on the side of “punch line”. That’s a hard thing for me to see, since I go there a LOT, but help me here – is this true?
So there you have it – 5 things eating at my brain today. Pick one (or two, or three, etc.) and help me with the answers – in a blog post of your own or as a comment to this post. I promise I’ll come to some conclusions of my own over the coming week, and give you (0f course) some link love in the process.